You can create a form within mailing manager and have it capture data to feed back into your account. You can link to this form in an email campaign or even externally on your website. The system also allows you to embed a form on your website.
When you build a form, the last stage is choosing a pre-designed style for how the form will look. Bearing in mind the design you choose will be just that. Some may want to take it a step further and add some branding to the form. Follow the steps below to see how to customise a form using Pages.
Note: For information on how to build a form – CLICK HERE
We also have information on HOW TO EMBED THE FORM ON YOUR WEBSITE.
- In your account, go to Automation > Forms – then create a form!
- Go to Campaigns > Pages and build a new page
- Either select a default page to use and edit or select start from scratch for a blank canvas.
- You can then design the page by clicking “Edit the HTML version”
- Add any HTML design or logo’s
- Click the cursor where you would like the form to be placed.
- In the toolbar, click on “Custom Field” and a new window will open up.
- Towards the bottom you will see “Custom Forms”.
- Click custom forms and a drop down menu will appear where you can select the form which you want to embed. This will generate a dynamic link to the form. Example: %%form_01%%
TIP* When customising a form page, stick to a white background where you want to embed the form. Only the Basic HTML design will have transparency between value fields and text, the rest will force a white background around the whole form.
Link to the embedded form in your email campaign
- Go to Campaigns > Emails
- Add a “call to action” like a button image or some text which tells the recipient to click in order to fill out the form.
- In the toolbar select Dynamic Content > Custom Field
- In the links section you will need to link to a page and select the page in which you embedded the form
Note: You will not be able to view the customised form as it will only generate if you send a test email and click the dynamic link.