If you have an existing list of contacts in an excel spreadsheet, you can bulk import them into BulkMail. To do this, you need to save your excel spreadsheet as a CSV or ‘comma separated value’ file. When a CSV file is saved it separates the columns with a comma. This means that if you have a field such as address, it is important to make sure that there are no commas present in the column. If commas do appear in a column, it will break the column in the wrong place resulting in data not being imported correctly.
This is a quick guide on how to save your mailing list as a .CSV file.
- The first thing to do is open the file in your Excel program and click on the file menu.
- Choose the “Save as” option in this menu
- Then click on the “Save as type” option that is just under where you select the name of the file. In this drop box will be the CSV format.
- Once you have selected that, click save. The program will then bring up the following warnings:
- Click Yes to this warning. The file will then save.